It's been two weeks since we close (time flies!) and every year, we like to put together a postmortem of the season that just went by and reflect on everything. And, wow, what a year it's been.
* So It Begins -- It all kicked off in March with an "Ice Cream Social" to close out the season at the Michael E Morton Memorial Community Rink. It was a great turn out with lots of friendly faces and lots of food raised for the St George & Area Food Bank
* Opening Day -- Just 6 days later, we ourselves opened with an amazing (and record) turnout. It was our best opening day ever with hungry folks lined up right out the doors!
* Sundaes! Sundaes! Sundaes! -- It was another Sundae Social for the kids and staff at Fundy High School. The Home & School Association asked us to come by and we stepped up to the plate! With their volunteers we served up some 500 (more?) sundaes! That's 7 pounds of whipped cream, over 70 litres of ice cream, 12 litres of toppings & 2.5 litres of cherries!
* It's All For The Kids -- We were so pleased to welcome the 25th Anniversary Class of "Pete's Kids" (aka the SGES Kindergarten Class of 2017). This is our favourite tradition and one we bet Pete herself probably didn't imagine would last so long.
We also welcomed back Pete's Kids 2005 (FHS Grad Class of 2017). About a dozen showed up and we surprised one lucky grad with an on-the-spot draw for 11.4l of ice cream!
AND we had our 3rd annual visit from the kids & caretakers at Janie's Kid Zone. Over 40 children & adults make the trip down from Quispamsis. It's always a treat having them, and all groups, come by.
* Batter Up -- The awesome tee-ball team we sponsored the last couple of years are now full-fledged Little Leaguers...the Blacks Harbour Squirts Red & Blue. We're so proud of the kids. It's a great way to get outside, have fun & learn an awesome sport. Thanks to Keri, Nick & Brock who organize, coach & make sure everyone has fun!
* You Like Us! You Really Like Us! -- We were honored, and surprised, to have been named one of the 11 best spots to get ice cream in the Maritimes by the folks at Narcity Canada. One of only four for New Brunswick.
* Winner, Winner, Ice Cream Dinner -- We had a lot of winning moments. Not only did we have quickie giveaways on Facebook, our winning wall welcomed Blair Hawkins & Hannah Guitard who each of took home a massive 11.4l of ice cream and Kaiti Stanton & Hannah McLaughlin who won ice cream cakes.
A HUGE thanks to you, our friends (not customers, but friends), without whom we wouldn't be in business today. We are thankful & blessed to have such a loyal following. It's something we never take for granted & reflect in the level of service you've come to expect from your "Pete's Experience."
We've only closed out Season 33 and already we're planning for and looking forward to Season 34.
As the old saying goes, "We Ain't Through Yet!" We'll see all of you in 2018 when we kick-off our 34th year.
- Mary McAdam, Isaac & The Entire Pete's Team
With summer heating up and the temperatures rising, it's time for Pete's HOT HOT Giveaway.
There's no better way to beat the heat with a cold treat so Pete's Dairy Bar is offering up the ultimate way to cool off with a big 11.4L tub of ice cream!
To enter, and have a chance at winning, pop over to our Facebook page, find the appropriate HOT HOT Giveaway promotional pic. Like it, Share it. That's all you have to do to get yourself an entry.
What are you waiting for?! Go and prepare to chill with 11.4L of ice cream, courtesy of Pete's!
Oh, and if you haven't already, do please LIKE Pete's on Facebook. You never know when we might do a giveaway and you don't want to miss out!
It's time for our first BIG giveaway of 2017!
We're kicking things off with Pete's Grad Giveaway with a chance for you to win a BIG 11.4L tub of ice cream in any flavour of your choosing!
All you have to do is go to our Facebook page LIKE our page (if you haven't already) then LIKE & SHARE the appropriate pic (it's hard to miss!). That's all you have to do. That will earn you one entry into the draw.
We will draw one name, completely at random, to win....and someone WILL win!
It's our first contest of the season!
For our customers 10 and under, we've got an Easter coloring contest for you to win a great Pete's Easter basket filled with all sorts of goodies!
To get your coloring sheet, you can either come into Pete's and get your coloring sheet or have an adult print-out the coloring sheet at home which you can bring in.
You can use, crayons, markers, paint, sparkles ...anything you want! Be creative!
Mom & dad (or gramma & grandpa), you can find the coloring sheet on our website in the NEWS section (www.PetesDairyBar.com/news).
We will judge 1 (one) winner from all entries. Please be sure to include your name & age with your phone number on the back.
Entries must be handed in before 9PM on April 12th. Judging will take place April 13th. All decisions are final.
In the run-up to the first day of our 33rd Season we've got another announcement for you...
Pete's Dairy Bar is very pleased to be sponsoring an Ice Cream Party with Troy Morton and the Michael E Morton Memorial Rink on March 25th.
The cost is free but we're asking that you please bring a non-perishable donation for the St George & Area Food Bank.
Please come and see us, and support the community, March 25th from 1 to 3PM at the Day Adventure Centre, St George, NB.
Pete's is pleased to be a participating business in the New Brunswick government's SEED program and could be offering up to 4 (four) positions in the dairy bar.
If you'll be attending a post-secondary institution, full-time, in Fall 2017 (this applies to graduating Grade 12 students as well) then you may (resigtration does not guarantee an interview or job offer) qualify for this hiring program!
Visit https://www.nbjobs.ca/seed for complete details.
If you're interested in working in a fast-paced environment this summer, we can provide you with practical job experience in such areas as customer relations, POS system operation, food preparation, and more!
Deadline for registration is MARCH 31ST, 2017!
Website & all content ©2018 Pete's Dairy Bar/The McAdam Group. All rights reserved.