Before we recap the year, I have to thank the following people...
* My amazing staff of Isaac, Ben, Scott & Al. I don't think I could ask for a better "crew of scoopers" and the store wouldn't function as well as it did without you.
* My "webguy." Thanks for taking pictures, keeping the website & Facebook up-to-date. Also for helping out with parades and making the videos for our Youtube channel.
* My family. Thanks for your support & help this past year. You've been a great help behind the scenes. Your support means the world to me.
For us, the most noticable moments have been...
* The 'Lil Pete's. We sponsored our first little league t-ball team! The kids all seemed to have fun, learned about teamwork and how much fun baseball can be! We were honored to sponsor them & have an "ice cream social" to cap off a great season.
* New & returning Pete's Kids. Every June we look forward to continuing Pete's wonderful tradtion of having the SGES kindergarten class end their year with us. This is the 23rd year & we hope to do 23 more!
We can't forget about the FHS grads who come back for an ice cream cone as they're about to embark on their university/adult lives.
* More kids! We had a nice group of nearly 40 kids come by for an ice cream from Janie's Kidzone of Quispamsis. They caused a bit of a stir, parking their enormous bus infront of Pete's!
* Parades galore! The Granite Town Festival "Big Parade" may have been a wee bit rainy, but that didn't stop us! We were also invited to participate in the Black's Harbour Fog Festival Parade (no fog in sight!) which was tremendous fun under a sunny sky!
* Why so blue? Nobody is sad but we gave the exterior of Pete's a brilliant blue paint job. We really love the bright, cheery color that really adds to the look of Main Street St. George!
* We're socially awesome! We added some really cool videos to our YouTube page and our wonderful Facebook friends grew! We rocketed through 1,400 then 1,500, 1,600 even through 1,800 likes! Could 2,000 likes be in the future?
As we reminisce about 2015, we can't help but look forward to 2016 where we have some interesting plans that should come to fruition. Our 32nd year in business may just be our biggest yet!
We're looking forward to all of our wonderful friends and customers coming along for the ride!
Congratulations to our August winner, Donna Moses. For being our "Pete's FTW!" contest winner, she won 11.4L of hard-serve ice cream. Well done!
Also, we will be participating in the 2015 Blacks Harbour Fog Festival parade
which takes place on September 7th at 11AM. We're looking forward to seeing
all of our great friends & customers.
As one contest ends, another begins.
The "Lovin' Summer Giveaway" winner was Grace Kelson! Congrats to you Grace!
But, you can still win your very own 11.4" tub of hard-serve ice cream (in any flavour you want) with our August contest.
That's right, it's Pete's For The Win!
To win, just go to our Facebook page and follow these easy steps. LIKE our Facebook page (if you haven't already) then LIKE & SHARE any of the eligible "Pete's FTW!" promotional pics.
That'll earn you one (1) entry and one step closer to winning 11.4L of ice cream!
We ask that you please read the official rules & conditions of winning, below. It would be very disappointing to disqualify someone because they didn't read the rules.
So, that's it. Good luck...someone WILL win!
Folks, the 2015 St George Granite Town Festival kicked off earlier today with the Senior's Tea and don't forget bingo at the Masonic Hall in St George starting at 6:30PM.
We'll be doing our annual "Banana Split Balloon Pop" promotion this year.
If you haven't heard, with each purchase of a Banana Split you'll get to pick, and pop, a balloon. Inside every balloon is a slip of paper and you'll pay the price on the slip. You could pay full price ($6.75) or you might strike it lucky & get your Banana Split for free!
Look for Pete's to pop up as we'll be open for business during the Friday evening Street Dance (Main Street will be partially closed) as well as sponsoring the Little People's Parade (Saturday, July 18th).
We're also going to be in The Big Parade, so please look for us on Sunday.
If you haven't picked up your #GraniteTownFestival pamphlet, you can get them at Pete's or at most local businesses. Also, you can read the digital version at https://www.facebook.com/TownofStGeorge
Thanks for reading & we hope to see everyone out & about!
Happy Canada Day to all of our friends & loyal customers! We hope it's a great day for all of you no matter where you are or how you celebrate!
To mark the 148th birthday of Canada we've got a brand new all-Canadian item on, temporarily, the menu.
Come on in and try The Canadian sundae. Soft vanilla is drizzled with a healthy serving of 100% pure Canadian maple syrup. 2 dollops of whipped cream and a covering of maple cookie crumbs cover everything. To top it off, we put a whole maple cookie on the top.
It's yours, for Canada Day only, for just $5 (tax incl). Then it moves to our
specialty sundae menu for $5.75 but only for a few days.
It's contest time again at Pete's Dairy Bar!
Enter out Lovin' Summer Giveaway to win a "bucket 'o ice cream." 11.4L of delicious, creamy, hard-serve ice cream in any flavour of your choosing!
To enter, visit our Facebook page and like & share the special promotional pic. That gets you 1 (one) entry into the contest. Someone is going to win...why not you?
We're also asking that you read (and understand) the complete & official rules for this (and all of our) contest. Those rules can be found below and on our Facebook page (in the NOTES) section.
Congratulation to John Beney for being the winner of our Grad Giveaway
contest! He won 11.4L of hard-serve ice cream!
Our first contest is here!
It's Pete's Grad Giveaway and your chance to walk away with 11.4L of hard-serve ice cream...any flavour!
To enter, all you have to do is go to our Facebook page & like/share the special pic for 1 (one) entry. That's it! How easy is that?! We'll draw one entry, at random on June 12th...just in time for an amazing treat for your grad party.
You do NOT have to be a grad to enter or win. This contest is open to everyone but we have scheduled it to coincide with graduation.
Finally, the complete & official rules have been posted on Facebook (in the NOTES section) and here on our webpage. Please read them & make sure you understand them. It would be unfortunate if we had to disqualify someone because they didn't fully read the rules/conditions.
With all of that said, good luck!
The wait is over!
We're thrilled to be able to finally announce that Pete's Dairy Bar will open for the 2015 Season (our 31st!) on Tuesday April 28th at 1PM.
Come on out & help us celebrate the long-awaited official arrival of Spring!
As you've no doubt noticed, we're not yet open for business. For the last few years, traditionally, we would open the first Friday in April. Prior to that, opening day was in early May.
However, due to the extreme weather of the past winter (evidenced by the still-large snow banks, which, thankfully, are shrinking) we are delaying opening.
The snow/weather has affected not only our season but that of many, many other "seasonal eateries" not only in Charlotte County but across all of New Brunswick.
Currently, we're unsure of the exact timing, but we will be sure to let everyone know once we've made a timeline. Remember, the only official place to hear what's really going on is through our Facebook page & website.
We ask, and thank you, for your continued patience! -- Team Pete's
Website & all content ©2016 Pete's Dairy Bar/Pete's Kitchen. All rights reserved.